Roles and Responsibilities
Overview - At Shaadi, we always put our users first. We start by looking at things from the user’s perspective and end by evaluating how the solution has impacted the user. We are looking for People who are continuously adapting to new technologies and excited to work on products that influence millions of people every day. The Shaadi.com Android and iOS mobile applications are used by millions of people around the world and are some of India’s best known and most loved applications and we’re looking for someone to lead the engineering teams that build these apps.
Role - This is a back-end role, but not limited to it. You will be learning a lot about full-stack development. Also, we believe in extreme ownership! And to be honest, everyone loves working with kind and smart people. We are building a kick-ass team with humble and empathetic talent.
What you will do in this role
- Writing scripts for procurement, configuration, and deployment of instances; for managing system admin tasks.
- Managing Ubuntu and AWSAMI Linux servers, AWS product and services like VPC, EC2, ELB, Route53, RDS, S3, Elastic Cache, Cloud front, Dynomodb.
- Managing system resources using Ansible, puppet or similar configuration management tools
- Managing installations and maintenance of third-party software like JIRA, Graylog, Selenium, etc
- Managing Postgres service and replication, git repositories
- Managing Nginx and Apache servers, Jenkins CI/CD tools
- Managing a portable virtual environment (Vagrant, Dockers)
- Focus on security best practices to ensure assist in security and compliance activities
- Good conceptual understanding of the building blocks of modern web-based infrastructure: DNS, TCP/IP, Networking, HTTP, SSL/TLS, Strong Linux skills
- Experience with automation of code builds and deployments
- Experience in Nginx configurations for dynamic web application
What you should have
- 2- years of work experience in Devops.
- Minimum 2 years sound experience with Linux administration and scripting.
- A solid understanding of cloud-based infrastructure and networking concept.
- Familiarity with popular Databases, CICD tools, Version Control systems like Gitlab/GitHub, IaaS, etc.
- Strong communication skills across the board, with a passion for finding and sharing best practices and driving greater discipline.
- Passionate about code quality, extensibility, and simple architectural design.
- Bachelors/Masters, Preferably in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Need AWS Certification.
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, BCA - Computers
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required